Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Colors

On Feb 23rd & 24th Alexis Pauline Gumbs came in to create poetry with the brilliant young women of New Horizons.
Below are list poem rifts based on Sapphire's "Meditations on the Rainbow"
Enjoy

RED
Fire
Hate
Strength
That
I
Refuse
To
Use
RED
Like
The
Stop
Sign
To
Stop
Hate
RED
Written By: Monique Byrd

BLUE
Sky
Beauty
That
Appears
On
Our
Face
As
We
Do
Something
That
Someone
Else
Don’t
Expect
Us
To
Do!
BLUE
Written By: Monique Byrd

PURPLE

The
PURPLE
Is
The
Light
Of
My
Sunshine
I
Love
PURPLE
Its
My
Mood
Change
Color
PURPLE
PURPLE
PURPLE
Written By: Brianna C.

YELLOW

The light of my world,
it brightens my day,
the smile that puts on my face,
the glare of joy but not pain.
PINK
As
The
Symbol
We use
For
Breast
Cancer
But
Strength
That
Comes
From
That
Color
But
The
Glares
Of
PINK
And
YELLOW
I
See
This
Beautiful
Outstanding
Flower
That
Shows
The
Veil
To
Colors
That
Make
Me
Into
That flower
Written By: Brianna G

WHITE
Acceptance
Power
Crush
Force
Signature
Shining
Goding
Winning
Competition
Overrating
Conjoining
Ruling
Valuable
Pure
Written by: Unique

YELLOW
Happy
Bright
Shining
Center of attention
Sunshine
Daylight
Brilliant
Beautiful
Summer
Rich
Stars
Written By: Crystal Holmes

PINK

Makes
The
Sunset
Look
Prettier
Pretty
Is
PINK
I
Love
PINK
Love
Is
Heart
Heart
Is
Life
Itself
Love
One
Another
Happy
To
Be
A
Girl
Strong
Loving
Generous
Caring
PINK
Brings
Us
All
Together
Calming
Renewing
Life
PINK
Is
Pure
Everyone
Should
Be
PINK
Strong-willed
Open-hearted
Blind
Yourself
From
All
The
Dreadful
Colors
That
Fade
PINK
What
PINK
Is
To
Me
Love
Written By: Tiffany G.


RED

I am
RED!
Firey
RED!
Mad or frustrated
RED!
Cold hearted
RED!
Mean!!
Oh how I am so
MEAN!!
…Mean…RED
Mean like violence
Violence like gangs
Gangs like bloodz
Bloodz like RED!
RED is ME can’t
Deny being RED!
RED…RED…RED…
So much pain
RED!
All the hurt
RED!
Face-warming
RED!
Sooo confused
RED!
Giving up… Now just a broken heart
RED!
A fallen rose pedal
RED!
Steaming & boiling
RED!
Hot like a pepper
RED!
R-Rule me
E- Envy me
D-Destroy me
Living in Hell
RED!

GREEN
like
the
money
hits
her
hands
that
goes
to
waste
but
BLACK
entering
my
heartbreak
and
my
shame
of
holes
hiding
place.
She
runs
to
RED
determination
of
regret
and
boiling
temperature
attitude
of
facing
another
day
BLUE
for
the
smiles
or
clouds
that
we
see
as
problems
drift
away
YELLOW
as
the
sun
and
smiles
light
up
as
we
face
wonderful
day
God
has
created
BROWN
the
color
of
our
skin
and
beauty
that
makes
us
as
people
who've
judged
us
as
being
one
of
the
colors
we
use
in
our
rainbow
or
that
they
use
everyday
Written By: Tyler S.

No comments: