Tuesday, August 22, 2006

From: An Invitation to Alyxe (cause inside girls wanna see light too)

Trapped below worlds
Secreting truth into shallow breath
across rooms, too dark for shadow’s cast
Muted whispers suppressing eternal
Pretend obscuring existence
u were there from the start

I knew
u
I Saw
u
I Ignored
u
Each time u cried.

Shattered to numb.
u are helpless, homeless fragments
Unaccustomed to Ballerina dreams
Unaware that beauty exists in an essence called u

I knew
u
I Saw
u
I Ignored
u
Each time u cried

Wondering why I’m calling to u
Uncertain of what I want from u
Sure that I will devastate u
one more time… again
Hoping that I can’t read u
Fearing that I will abandon u
Questioning…
If I’ve seen them too, why did I not protect u.
Who kept me blind to destruction, and how could I let them hurt u

I know/knew
u
I see /saw
u
I embrace/ignored
u
Each time we cry

Crawl…walk… tip toe… run
Just come to me Alyxe, come

I know
YOU
I see
YOU
I embrace
YOU
Each time it's YOU

YOU are dancing into free with Josephine
Singing songs of sweet mama duke's kiss
Immersed in Darden womb space
YOU are ancestor loved into ME

No comments: